Over the summer I completed my latest exciting project: building a photo studio alongside my make-up and hair studio in Little Venice. Now, as well as offering professional hair and make-up services, I am able to photograph the finished result, meaning you can leave not only looking beautiful, but with a stunning photograph of your new look! One of the questions I am most frequently asked is how to look shine-free and flawless in photos. After all, photos last a long time!
So here we are. Seven super-easy tips to help you look picture-perfect every time.
- I can’t recommend primer enough. It evens out the skin and gives you a lovely base for applying your make-up. Avoid the ones with an SPF factor (avoid foundation with SPF too) and steer well clear of High Definition products.
- Use matte foundation and loose powder to minimise shine.
- When you apply your make-up, use natural light if possible (more about this in my next blog).
- Yellow tinted powders are your friends
- Use concealer under your eyes to battle bags. Don’t forget to use eye drops to brighten those peepers!
- Love your lips by exfoliating with coconut oil
- Always, always blot your face after applying make-up. I recommend using Kleenex Shine Absorbance Wipes. They’re the best!
Forget saying “cheese,” and instead think of something funny or joke with the photographer. A natural smile trumps a fake one every time. To avoid a double chin, elongate your neck and push your face forward a bit. Think of sticking out your forehead and tipping your chin slightly down. It might feel awkward, but it will look great — promise!
If you’re thinking of having some professional photos done of your finished look, do pop by and see me in my gorgeous Little Venice studio. It’s a beautiful environment for taking beautiful photos.
To find out more about photography tips klick here.