As a make-up artist I know how important it is to exfoliate your skin. I always ask my clients to do so before they see me for a makeover. Regular skin cleansing is definitely essential and beneficial, though exfoliating your skin at least twice a week with a scrub can improve and rejuvenate your skin. There are two ways of exfoliating; physical – using scrubs – and – chemical – using alpha and beta-hydroxy acids. Scrubs remove what is on the surface of your skin, chemical exfoliants go deeper.
How do I know if I need to exfoliate?
A simple test you can do at home to see if you have surface dry skin cells on your skin is to take a piece of clear tape and apply it to the forehead. Rub it gently and remove. Look at the tape, and if there are little pieces of flaky skin, then you need to exfoliate!
Here are six reasons to exfoliate:
- Much better absorption – for your moisturizer, sunscreen and, make-up. Brides, you must exfoliate before your big day! My favourite is; http://www.evelom.com/Morning-Time-Cleanser-125ml/MEV0028_9500,en_GB,pd.html?start=3&q=exfoliator
- Younger skin – exfoliating helps maintain shine on your skin as you age.
- Minimise large pores – exfoliation removes the dirt stuck deep inside your pores.
- Improve your skin texture – keep your skin much softer.
5. Help with acne – regular exfoliation reduces possibility of clogged pores.
- Improve dry skin – especially during winter months we are more likely to have dehydrated skin.
How do I know if I am getting too much exfoliation?
If you use a facial scrub and your skin turns bright red and feels irritated afterwards, it probably means that the grains used in the scrub are too large. I suggest avoiding natural scrubs, such as those with apricot pits. If you are using chemical exfoliants and your skin starts to dry out, you may be removing too much of the skin’s protective barrier. Cut back and the skin’s barrier should naturally repair itself.
Girls, remember to exfoliate to keep your skin soft and supple all year round!
To find out more beauty tips klick here.
“There is a garden in her face
Where roses and white lilies grow;
A heavenly paradise is that place,
Wherein all pleasant fruits do grow;
There cherries grow that none may buy
Till cherry-ripe themselves do cry”
We all want to have a radiant complexion. Without fresh air the body and skin cannot be healthy. Studies show that complexion is one of the points that we noticed first in a woman’s appearance. Here are 7 secrets for you girls!
- Fresh air
Make sure you always sleep with an open window, even in winter. Try to ventilate your flat/house every day to make sure you have lots of oxygen in the air.
- Avoid sugar!
“Sugar is pure fuel with no waste matter, and every particle must be burned up in the system”
When we eat too much sugar it prevents the burning up of other food, and this leads to serious consequences. Not too many sweets girls!
- Avoid pickles!
Can ruin your completion. There is absolutely nothing I can say in their favour!
- Stay hydrated by drinking coconut water
Hydration is extremely important for your skin. When dehydrated your skin can look dry and saggy. Coconut water is wonderful but always read the label and avoid the ones with added sugar.
- Exfoliate your skin- at least twice a week.
It will help rejuvenate your skin. You will learn more about exfoliation in my next blog.
- Use sunscreen every day
Always protect your skin with sunscreen even if you are not spending all day outside. My favorite is Cellular Protection Sun Screen SPF50, it also works as a primer!
- Benefit from your sleep
Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night. The more you sleep, the more your skin will be able to repair itself and stay more youthful! Download a sleep app on your phone. I find it really helpful!
Girls, taking care of your skin is critical to looking your best and to fighting the signs of aging.
To find out more about beauty tips klick here.
Should we throw away £200, £250 or even more for Keratin Treatment that can completely ruin our hair? Well, the answer is obvious. My question is why so many of us still make this big mistake that can damage our hair. It is expensive, smells bad and is dangerous! These treatments contain keratin and a mystery blend of chemicals, sometimes even formaldehyde. There is just no way you should be tearing up during a hair treatment. And, yes, that is one reaction to the formaldehyde! If you are pregnant please avoid salons that perform this treatment!
Curly-haired girls; as you know, your hair is very fragile. Here are a few ideas for you to make them look shiny and bouncy without spending a fortune or causing damage.
1. Never under any circumstances have Keratin Treatment done! Don’t believe anyone who tells you otherwise. This treatment is very harmful for your body and hair. If you want to know more please read No More Dirty Looks. I am sure you can spend your money more wisely than this.
2. Cut your hair regularly, ideally every 8 weeks and always get a dry cut. Choose a hairdresser who understands curly locks such as; www.unrulycurls.com
3. Wash your hair with sulfate free shampoo. Remember less is more!
4. Style your hair when it is very, very wet. Take your time and rake products through from roots to ends.
5. Dry your hair naturally or if you have to blow-dry, do it with a diffuser.
6. Reduce the amount of heat to minimum. Stay away from a hot flat iron.
7. Give your hair a bit of TLC with a silk pillowcase. It cuts down on friction and keeps your hair smooth.
Curly-haired girls; let your hair’s natural texture shine through without harmful chemicals that are present in Keratin Treatment. Follow these steps and learn how to love your hair! They are beautiful!
To find out about beauty tips go to http://anitawarszawska.com/category/tips/