Smoky eyes are great for galas and other evening events. It is a great way of dressing up your eyes. It is important to go for black, brown, dark green, dark purple or grey shadows and liners instead of blue hues. Below, I share with you eight easy steps for creating gala smoky eyes:
- Apply a primer over your eyelids. Try NARS primer for a long lasting effect but remember to let it set for a few seconds before you apply eye shadow.
- Use a soft pencil liner to increase depth of your lashes – my favourite are by NARS. Use the same liner on the lower lashes and than smudge both lash line with cotton bud.
- Use cream eye shadow without shimmer – in black, brown or dark green – over your lid and into your crease. You can get very good quality ones by ByTerry. They are really creamy and last forever! You must blend the colour out and outward!
- Use a shimmer powder that is matching the colour you applied on your lid, and place it in the middle of your eyelid. Your eyes will immediately sparkle!
- Put a lighter eye shower in powder or cream over your brow bone.
- Finish your smoky eyes look with gel eyeliner for extra intensity. Tight line your top and bottom waterlines and also apply liner into and underneath the top lash line.
- Use eyelash curler – his part is very important! I love Shu Uemura curler. Never use it with mascara on, you can brake your lashes.
- Apply two coats of your favourite mascara but please remember to brush and separate your lashes at the end of the application with a clean mascara brush.
Now you should have achieved a smoky eyes look. I hope you like it?
Ladies, if you have any questions please drop me a line or click here for more make-up tips.